Thursday 14 December 2017

Is it really that spectacular...

What can I be talking about?  Yes you have guessed - that Taj Mahal!

My overnight trip to Agra was not what I had originally planned (my trip to Shimla by train wasn't possible.... I have a slight doubt about whether this was actually true but it is what I was told!).  However, Agra Fort , and the Baby Taj were well worth visiting - and that's before the Taj itself. 

The fort is immense...




I particularly enjoyed the space in the garden...


...the  inlaid marble work is incredible...


The baby taj is so called because it is similar in some ways - but at a much smaller scale... in many ways I prefered this because of this .... and so much quieter so much easier to to relax and enjoy it.


The detail is phenomenal...


But onto the Taj Mahal itself.... we are so familiar with what it looks like so I think I was expecting it to be a bit of an anticlimax....it wasnt.  Even on a very murky and misty day and with thousands of other visitors, it was still spectacular.



And of course the view we all know.... I wasn't able to have the view without anyone else!!  As my cousin June commented - other members of my family have stood here ..... going back over many many years.  I thought about them (especially my mum and aunt) many times.



Once again the inlaid marble work is amazing.



The grounds are also lovely.   I would recommend visiting if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment